Sunday, July 12, 2009

Homework and Home Work

This week was spent doing those tedious things that have to be done, but for the most part go unnoticed.


I am getting excited for school to start. I will be in a different room again this year. But, it will be a good change. All of our things are in place, except for the finishing touches. I am glad to have one year under my belt as a Title I teacher. I have set a few personal goals for the year. I try to do that each year. I also hope to add two new titles to my position. More on that later...


I spent one day this week with two of my grandchildren. We had fun playing. We blew bubbles, played with Play-Doh, put puzzles together, strung wooden beads, and read books....some more than once! I recommend Move Over, Rover. It was perfect for their ages of 20 months and age 3.


I have read for pleasure this week, too. I finished the book, Sick Puppy by Carl Hiaasen. It was the first one of his that I have read. It's about an eco-terrorist with a trust fund that becomes involved with corrupt Florida politicos. It is pretty entertaining and funny in places. I will probably read more of his books. Now I am reading one of my all-time favorite authors, James Patterson...Where the Wind Blows. Then, I have Hide and Seek by him, too. We'll see if I can get them finished before next week.


Samantha, Lucas, and I went out and watched fireworks last night. The purpose being for me to photograph the fireworks for my class. Out of all of the ones I took, probably two or three are worth keeping. By that, I mean, good enough to enlarge and frame. The rest are just o.k. We had to make a stop by the local Taco Bell for Lucas. He was threatening to take a bite out of something or someone if we didn't!



I made a pizza from scratch today. It was a white pizza. I made my own dough. I added fresh baby spinach leaves, halved grape tomatoes and ground chicken. I made my own white sauce with fresh crushed garlic. I topped it off with a little shredded mozzarella. Mmmmm, it was really yummy! I wish I would have made more....

No comments:

Post a Comment