Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Harry Potter and Young Friendships

I went to see the new Harry Potter movie at the Ritz Theater. The time was midnight. I don't think I have ever stayed up that late to go to a movie. I have to say it wasn't that bad. There ere many of my former students there. I really enjoy it when they see me and give me a quick hug. It makes my day....or night....as the case may be.



I enjoyed the movie. It has been quite a while since I read the book. So, I think that added to my enjoyment. It made it all fresh and I certainly didn't remember enough to quibble about whether it was different from the book or not. It was long, though. But, it needed to be. I may have to go back and read the book again, just to make a comparision...for fun.



I am enjoying being a grandmother tonight. I got to eat supper with Shaun, Jamie and the kids. It was so nice to eat something that I didn't have to cook. And Shaun and Jamie made a great supper....a combined effort. I got to play in the yard with the kids after supper. I sang songs for them that I sang with my students at school. Isabella especially liked "My Mother is a Baker." It is a repetitive song and has motions. She will be a good singer, I think.



I am fairly new to Facebook and have really enjoyed it this summer. It keeps me in touch with friends and family. It lets me feel connected. I am most surprised at the young friends that I am making. I really do value those new friendships. They have some surprising viewpoints...of which I am not always in agreement...but I love how caring they are and how interesting I think they each are. They are special. One has even asked me about piano lessons. Now that I am going to have to seriously consider. Seriously!

No comments:

Post a Comment